Track geometry is one of crucial track condition parameters, closely related to many other degradation phenomena, and it is often used for triggering the whole range of track M&R activities. Track Geometry Measurement System, is used during new railway construction and is used in track geometry based risk and maintenance management for revenue track lines. Major criterions of a track geometry measurement system is measuring: Track gauge, Track cant, Transition curve and superelevation ramp, Horizontal curve radius, Vertical curve radius. And gradient other criterions also may include: twist, dynamic cross-level, etc.
The global Track Geometry Measurement System market size is projected to reach US$ 676.05 Million by 2029 from US$ 523.88 million in 2022 at a CAGR of 3.65% during 2023-2029. Mainly due to its efficiency in improving the security of railroad systems and the need for track maintenance increases, track geometry measurement systems are increasingly used in railway industry. Plus, expanding rail networks are expected to drive up the demand for track geometry measurement systems. Especially in many developing countries, the construction of tracks and the improvement of related infrastructure provide a broader market for these systems. The adoption of intelligent approaches in railways is also propelling the growth of the track geometry measurement systems market.
In addition, the increasing demand for asset management and predictive maintenance in the railway industry has led to the increasing use of track geometry measurement systems with other railway infrastructure monitoring systems such as condition monitoring systems, axle counting systems, and train control systems. At the same time, the development of advanced technologies such as laser scanning, GPS, and remote sensing has made the orbital geometry measurement system more accurate and efficient.
However, the market also faces some challenges. First, the market is expected to be restrained by a lack of required infrastructure and insufficient related facilities to use these systems since they are important parts of these systems. Second, different laws and regulations and privatization levels in different nations can have a negative impact on the development of the track geometry measurement systems. Third, the operation, maintenance, and data interpretation of the system can be complex. This challenge can lead to delays in system implementation and technical problems with data analysis and interpretation.
COVID-19 has also had a negative impact on this market. The pandemic has disrupted global supply chains, and the price of raw materials has been more volatile, which has increased the cost of production and threatened profit margins. The pandemic has also led to a slowdown in infrastructure construction in some countries, which is not conducive to the expansion of the systems market.
Segment by Type, the Track Geometry Measurement Systems market can be split into Track Geometry Trolley, Track Geometry Inspection Vehicle (TGIV), ATGMS, etc. In 2022, the market share of Track Geometry Trolley is significantly higher than other kinds, at 71.18%. And the market share of Track Geometry Inspection Vehicle (TGIV) and ATGMS are just 16.01% and 12.81% respectively in 2022. It is predicted that the market share of Track Geometry Trolley will slightly decrease to 70.01% in 2023. In the forecast period of 2024-2029, the market size of Track Geometry Inspection Vehicle (TGIV), ATGMS will continue to grow while Track Geometry Trolley is expected to experience a decrease.
From the perspective of application scenarios, the Track Geometry Measurement Systems market can be divided into High-Speed Railway, Heavy Haul Railway, Conventional Railway, Urban Transport. The Conventional Railway segment currently occupies a dominant position in the entire market, and has already occupied a 46.93% market share in 2022. This segment will grow at a CAGR of 2.47% during 2023 to 2029.
On the basis of geography, the Track Geometry Measurement Systems market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa. The Asia-Pacific region dominates and will continue to lead the market share, currently accounting for 33.56% in 2022. The second largest market share is North America, with a market share of 26.26% in 2022.
In 2022, according to our calculations, the two indicators used to measure market concentration, CR5 and HHI, 39.28% and 3.31% respectively. This shows that the market is currently concentrated. The key players in the market include Amberg Technologies, Trimble Railway GmbH, ENSCO, Plasser & Theurer, MERMEC, Holland LP, Harsco Rail, Fugro, Southsurvey, Jiangxi Everbright, GRAW, KZV, MRX Technologies, Tetra Tech Inc., Rail Vision, R.Bance & Co Ltd, ESIM, DMA, etc.
This report provides a deep insight into the global Track Geometry Measurement Systems market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from a macro overview of the market to micro details of the market size, competitive landscape, development trend, niche market, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc.
The analysis helps the reader to shape the competition within the industries and strategies for the competitive environment to enhance the potential profit. Furthermore, it provides a simple framework for evaluating and accessing the position of the business organization. The report structure also focuses on the competitive landscape of the Global Track Geometry Measurement Systems Market, this report introduces in detail the market share, market performance, product situation, operation situation, etc. of the main players, which helps the readers in the industry to identify the main competitors and deeply understand the competition pattern of the market.
In a word, this report is a must-read for industry players, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the Track Geometry Measurement Systems market in any manner.
Global Track Geometry Measurement Systems Market: Market Segmentation Analysis
The research report includes specific segments by region (country), manufacturers, Type, and Application. Market segmentation creates subsets of a market based on product type, end-user or application, Geographic, and other factors. By understanding the market segments, the decision-maker can leverage this targeting in the product, sales, and marketing strategies. Market segments can power your product development cycles by informing how you create product offerings for different segments.
Trimble Railway GmbH
Plasser & Theurer
Tetra Tech Inc.
R.Bance & Co Ltd
Market Segmentation (by Type)
Track Geometry Trolley
Track Geometry Inspection Vehicle (TGIV)
Autonomous Track Geometry Measurement System (ATGMS)
Market Segmentation (by Application)
Heavy Haul Railway
• North America (USA, Canada, Mexico)
• Europe (Germany, UK, France, Russia, Italy, Rest of Europe)
• Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
• South America (Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Rest of South America)
• The Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Nigeria, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Key Benefits of This Market Research:
• Industry drivers, restraints, and opportunities covered in the study
• Neutral perspective on the market performance
• Recent industry trends and developments
• Competitive landscape & strategies of key players
• Potential & niche segments and regions exhibiting promising growth covered
• Historical, current, and projected market size, in terms of value
• In-depth analysis of the Track Geometry Measurement Systems Market
• Overview of the regional outlook of the Track Geometry Measurement Systems Market:
Key Reasons to Buy this Report:
• Access to date statistics compiled by our researchers. These provide you with historical and forecast data, which is analyzed to tell you why your market is set to change
• This enables you to anticipate market changes to remain ahead of your competitors
• You will be able to copy data from the Excel spreadsheet straight into your marketing plans, business presentations, or other strategic documents
• The concise analysis, clear graph, and table format will enable you to pinpoint the information you require quickly
• Provision of market value (USD Billion) data for each segment and sub-segment
• Indicates the region and segment that is expected to witness the fastest growth as well as to dominate the market
• Analysis by geography highlighting the consumption of the product/service in the region as well as indicating the factors that are affecting the market within each region
• Competitive landscape which incorporates the market ranking of the major players, along with new service/product launches, partnerships, business expansions, and acquisitions in the past five years of companies profiled
• Extensive company profiles comprising of company overview, company insights, product benchmarking, and SWOT analysis for the major market players
• The current as well as the future market outlook of the industry concerning recent developments which involve growth opportunities and drivers as well as challenges and restraints of both emerging as well as developed regions
• Includes in-depth analysis of the market from various perspectives through Porter’s five forces analysis
• Provides insight into the market through Value Chain
• Market dynamics scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
• 6-month post-sales analyst support
Chapter 1 mainly introduces the statistical scope of the report, market division standards, and market research methods.
Chapter 2 is an executive summary of different market segments (by region, product type, application, etc), including the market size of each market segment, future development potential, and so on. It offers a high-level view of the current state of the Track Geometry Measurement Systems Market and its likely evolution in the short to mid-term, and long term.
Chapter 3 makes a detailed analysis of the Market's Competitive Landscape of the market and provides the market share, capacity, output, price, latest development plan, merger, and acquisition information of the main manufacturers in the market.
Chapter 4 is the analysis of the whole market industrial chain, including the upstream and downstream of the industry, as well as Porter's five forces analysis.
Chapter 5 introduces the latest developments of the market, the driving factors and restrictive factors of the market, the challenges and risks faced by manufacturers in the industry, and the analysis of relevant policies in the industry.
Chapter 6 provides the analysis of various market segments according to product types, covering the market size and development potential of each market segment, to help readers find the blue ocean market in different market segments.
Chapter 7 provides the analysis of various market segments according to application, covering the market size and development potential of each market segment, to help readers find the blue ocean market in different downstream markets.
Chapter 8 provides a quantitative analysis of the market size and development potential of each region and its main countries and introduces the market development, future development prospects, market space, and capacity of each country in the world.
Chapter 9 introduces the basic situation of the main companies in the market in detail, including product sales revenue, sales volume, price, gross profit margin, market share, product introduction, recent development, etc.
Chapter 10 provides a quantitative analysis of the market size and development potential of each region in the next five years.
Chapter 11 provides a quantitative analysis of the market size and development potential of each market segment (product type and application) in the next five years.
Chapter 12 is the main points and conclusions of the report.
Our reports with in-depth insights will equip you to succeed in your business plans.
Get instant access to the information you need to make the right decision.
Explore where opportunities lie for you and mitigate the risks.
We are one of the most trusted brands setting benchmarks of excellence.